TANZANIA(Zanzibar & Tanganyika)
Time for trademark registration: 7~15 months
- A name and address of the owner/application.
- A representation of a mark or image or word
- A power of attorney (simply signed no need for the original)
- A list of the goods and/or services that will be associated with the mark
Time for conducting a trademark search: 24~48 hours
- A copy of the trademark
- Classes of goods/services
Time for conducting a Patent Registration: 4~6 months
- Power of attorney simply signed.
- Certified copy of the priority document if claimed
- Specification, claims, formal drawings, and abstract.
Industrial Design Registration
- Please note that currently, it is not possible to register designs in Tanzania as there is no law to that effect. However, it is possible to register designs in Zanzibar.
IP Treaties Membership:
Paris Convention, Patent Cooperation Treaty, Paris Convention, Gulf Cooperation Council, Berne Convention, Universal Copyright Convention
For registration fees, POA/DOA forms, trademark renewal, patent/design annuity, assignment, license, opposition, enforcement,litigation or other inquiries, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org